Sunday, September 12, 2010

Starting Anew

About a year ago to the date, i started the most epic life change I had ever expierienced in that I changed the entire way in which i lived. I stopped sulking around, moping about how much I hated myself and that I didn't do certain things, and actually started doing something about it. About 6 months later, I felt pretty awesome about myself. I was HEALTHY for the first time in my life. Then stress overwhelmed me this summer, and everything went to shreds. I ended up making myself really sick, and I didn't realize until recently, that I was doing it all to myself. I was thinking too much about what the world expected from me and forgot that I have to listen to my own body to find out what I needed to do for myself. I always thought it was selfish to think of yourself before others, but in some cases, you need to focus on what is good for you. You are no help to anyone if you're sick in bed because you forgot to listen to your own body telling you that you have taken on too much.

I have taken on too much.

I have heard the calls of my body screaming to stop doing so much and learn to relax. I have goals, i have things to keep my mind set strait. Now all i need to do is to follow them. I have one body and one life to live in it. Why am I going to suffer through it when I can go out in the world and be happy? Happiness is never too much to ask for.

So here is to the raw life. Living off of what is pure: What the world has given me, earth has created, and I inside feel. Being kinder: to myself, my family, my friends, and those in the world around me. Being more peaceful: in mind, body, and soul. And being happy: smiling, laughing, and enjoying my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment